Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Marine Corps Ball 2011

The Marine Corps ball was so much fun.  I was super excited to get my hair and make up done and to get all dressed up for a night out with my husband.  I had heard that the balls over here aren't as fun as the balls back in states...but with this being my first ball, I HAD AN AWESOME TIME AND THOUGHT IT ROCKED! Jessica Poppell baby sat Taelin and he did great! She brought him McDonalds for dinner and also brought the movie SPIRIT (which is now his most favorite movie).  I was so happy to know that he was in good hands:) I was praying that Amika would be good so that I could have a good time, and she did awesome.  So fun that she got to go with us to our first ball:)  The ceremony was great, the marine corps message was really heartwarming, and the speaker was funny. The food was DELICIOUS and the cake was super yummy as well.  We had a great time dancing on the dance floor for a couple of songs too.  All in all it was a GREAT night! Cannot wait for next years ball. 
Pictures right before we left for the ball

Love this pic!
 Before we left I asked Taelin if he would take some pictures with us....well he would ONLY take pics with daddy...made me sad...but what do you do....these pics turned out cute!


My food ticket and name tag

The program

The Bodas were at our table


we are crazy!


our best friends the Pedersens

the ceremony


the huge amazing cake!

Dalins dinner...he had land and sea...so it was steak with mashed potatoes and crab and some fish

Mine was amazing Chicken with mashed potatoes, beans, and

Dalin's shop

Erica did my hair and it turned out so cute!

So happy baby Amika could be there too:)

Amber and I



Dancing

Chris, Boda, and Dalin

Chris and Dalin..such good looking men...i think they could pass for brothers

the Bodas and Us

Zach and Dalin

No comments: