Saturday, July 31, 2010

another letter!

GOT ANOTHER letter today and it was such a great one. My day gets so much better when I hear from Dalin. I love knowing that he is doing okay and is still loving boot camp. In this letter he talked about how he is RIFLE EXPERT, which is the highest class of marksmanship. They talked to him about being a sniper...which freaks me out...but pretty amazing that he is so good at it. He was hitting keyhole bulls eyes from 500 yards away (5 football fields). Pretty amazing for someone who never grew up with guns. I'm so proud of him. He is excited to shoot using a machine gun as well and then for a whole week they have field week, which is living off of the land. He is SUPER excited about that and getting all camied up, face painted and all, leading his recruits to take others out. He says HE CAN'T WAIT.
Then he goes on to say that he is so excited that he only has 5 weeks left:) and how they had a surprise Christian Rock Band come and perform for them as well as a guest speaker; Major Bruce Bender speak to them. He loved them both.
He told me to read 2 stories from the Aug Ensign as well: "Our Parental Duty to God" and then "The Rising Generation". So i'm excited to read those talks.
I LOVE MY HUSBAND SO MUCH and I'm so happy that he is doing so well and is loving boot camp. I can feel the Lord blessing him, Taelin, and I everyday. Only 33 more days to go:)

No comments: