Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big Boy Bed

This is what Taelin's room looks like right now.  We have a great nap time and bed time routine that he LOVES!! we always go into his room and he gets to pick a book for us to read, but he would rather climb up the ladder onto the top bunk and play up there...so he is usually up there while I read him 3 or 4 books.  We then do our article of faith 3 times and the say prayers.  I then turn the light off and cuddle him on the big boy bed and ask him questions about his day (this is my most favorite thing to do with him before he goes to bed), and then I sing him some songs while he drifts off into sleep....I would then put him into his crib....UNTIL NOW! HE IS NOW SLEEPING IN THE BIG BOY BED.  He has only done it 2 nights and the first night was a super success....the 2nd night....not so much......I decided to go upstairs and do somethings, which meant that I wouldn't be able to hear him if he started crying..well last night around 11:00 pm we all hear Taelin SCREAMING at the top of his lungs!! So my mom and I rush downstairs to go and get him....Taelin was already by the stairs to come upstairs...AND HE WAS SO SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!  It made me so sad! So I went into his room to cuddle him back to sleep...I asked him if he was scared and he said YA....I asked him if he was tired and he shook his head NO...so I asked him if he wanted to see Aunt Net and he said YA...then I asked him if he wanted to watch a show with me and he of course said YA...so he stayed with me on my bed until about 1230 1ish while watching Toy Story 2...and Taelin had to hold his Jesse and Woody toy. It was so cute!! I then put him into his crib and he went right to bed.  Good luck tonight on letting him sleep on the big boy bed...I probably scared him for awhile....wish me luck!

No comments: