Friday, January 13, 2012

Amika Naomi Nelson's Birth Story

Mommy's side of the story: 
It all began on a beautiful sunny Sunday Afternoon in Okinawa Japan.  We had already went to church that morning and had taken our Sunday naps.  We left our house at 3:30pm to go to dinner at Chris Petersens.  He had made us an amazing salad, cheesy bread, and chicken fettuccine Alfredo.  It was delicious.  I started having contractions around 4:30 pm, thanks to Chris's cooking of course:) They would only last a little bit and were about 10-20 min apart.  We kept timing them and they continued to get worse:)  We got back home around 8:00pm and decided to take a family walk so the contractions would keep coming.  I knew that you were coming soon and we were getting excited! They kept getting worse and we about 45 sec-2 min apart.  It was time to get ready to go to the hospital:)  Daddy took Taelin over to our friends the Johnson's, while I continued to walk with my neighbor Allison.  When Daddy came home we headed to the hospital...I HAD to be more dilated...at least 4 cm so they could admit me.  Well, we got to Lester Hospital around 10:00pm and they hooked me up to the monitor to watch my contractions, and after 20 min they checked my cervix.  I was STILL 3cm and was only having contractions every 12 min....Daddy and I were very sad.   The nurse told us that we would have to walk around the hospital until I was 4cm. We couldn't go home because we live 30 min. away from the hospital and tha was to far to drive.  So, we stayed there and I OF COURSE pushed daddy in a wheelchair (did with Taelin too), and we walked and walked until I was finally 4cm at 1:30 am.  WOW!!! My legs were tired and I was hurting, but we were so happy to finally go back to the labor room! You were coming soon and we couldn't be happier.  I wanted to see how long I could go without having an epidural and I made it to 6-7cm:) I wash having such bad back labor and was shaking so bad.  It really scared me.  Daddy said a prayer to help me have a good labor and to help me stop shaking.  A couple minutes passed and I stopped shaking.  I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus heard your daddy's prayer and helped me.  I went to the bathroom after that and then decided that I wanted an epidural.  I got the epidural at 3:30am and it went straight to my right leg.  They had me shift to my left side to see if the medicine would shift over to my left leg, but nothing was working and I was still in A LOT OF PAIN! I could feel pressure AND pain with every contraction on my left side. It was not fun! I asked if the epidural man could come in and fix it.  He pulled the needle out a little bit, and that did the trick.  My left and right leg were COMPLETELY numb.  I coudln't feel pressure or pain.  I felt paralyzed from my hips down to my toes.  It seriously rocked though.  When it was time to push I didn't feel a thing!! I couldn't feel me hodling my legs and I didn't feel you come out.  I acutally got to watch you being born, which was really cool.  You came out perfectly (no cord around neck and not sunny side up like your brother).  You did your cry (which wasn't that loud or for that long) and then they placed you on my chest.  You looked so beautiful.  You had a head full of DARK DARK hair and were so little.  You came into this world on January 9, 2012 at 6:15am weighing 7 bls 11 oz and 21 in. long.  When they took you off of my chest I started to cry.  I was so happy that you only made me push for 20 min and that my labor wasn't bad.  I was so happy to finally see your pretty face and to hold you.  I was so happy that you are part of our family and that we get to teach you new things everyday to help you return to your Heavenly Father and Jesus someday.  I had a lot of emotions going through my body right after you were born.  You are our little princess and we love you so much! Welcome to this world pretty little girl!
Daddy's side of the Story:
On January 9, 2012 Amika decided to grace us with her presence at 0615.  Jen had started to have contractions at 1630 on the 8th and after eating a delicious chicken Alfredo dinner that Chris Petersen made us she started to have more more contractions. 
Upon getting to the hospital at 2200 i inquired of the Naval staff where I needed to take my pregnant wife for her tummy tuck and liposuction.  The staff however did not in their infinite squid like wisdom understand my wit and humor and simply directed us to labor and delivery.  Jen was still dilated to a three so they had us walk for three hours until admitting her.  Jen got her epidural when was was about a 6/7 and pushed for about 20-30 min.  The rest as they say was history.  Amika was born and came into the world a whopping 7 lbs 11 oz 21". 
Se has such a sweet spirit.  She has been smiling since birth and loves her mommy and brother so much.  What a great ting it is to have a baby girl.  She is the epitome of the scripture Provers 3:15 "She is more precious then rubies; and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her."

No comments: