Thursday, April 7, 2011

More of our weekend

Saturday April 2, 2011 was a GREAT day!! We woke up and the weather was GREAT, so Grandpa decided to mow the lawn before conference started....BOY WAS TAELIN EXCITED! Taelin loves the lawn mower, so I was so excited that he would get to mow the lawn 1 last time before we left.  Taelin liked to follow Grandpa around the yard, ride on his shoulders, and put the grass into a big garbage bag.  Well, Boise weather ROCKS, (haha) and it started to get SO WINDY and RAIN...so Taelin had to come inside and watch....he was still happy seeing the lawn mower:) Here are some pics of him helping grandpa.


Filling up the lawn mower with gas

Pushing the lawn mower

Helping grandpa start the lawn mower

Watching Grandpa from inside mow the lawn, with GRANDPA'S GLOVES ON! I love it!

Grandpa finished the lawn just in time to watch the first session of conference.  I love seeing the prophet and apostles and listening to their talks.  It is so uplifting and strengthens my testimony a lot.  Taelin had fun playing and reading a book with Grandpa "The Day Teddy Beddy Bear Got Lost".  Taelin loved it, and would only let Grandpa read the book to him.  It was adorable!
Listening so well!

Such a good pointer!

During the 2 hour break between sessions of conference Annette and I sewed ANOTHER jean baby quilt for my friend Suzanne Bird's baby.  Taelin wanted to help me when he woke up from his nap:)

He is such a good helper!
That night Talein & I went to my friend Cachet's Baby shower.  It was so much fun being with so many of my girlfriends and catching up with all of them.  Taelin had a lot of fun playing pool with this cute little boy.  I'm glad there was something to keep him entertained:)

Taelin LOVED that the balls ALL came to this big hole at the end of the pool table, the little boy was helping him:) When we came home to my parents pool table Taelin was very sad that all the balls didn't come to a big hole for him to play with:( haha it was funny~

 
Here are all of my girlfriends. Jessica Doss, ?, Whitney Meyer, Rachel & Nora Boyle, Cachet Gifford, Me, and Suzanne Bird








Sunday morning April 3rd, 2011 we went over to the Nelson's house to watch the afternoon session of conference with them and have dinner with them.  Taelin's most favorite thing to do with Grammy is feed the birds.  He looks forward to feeding the birds every Friday with her. He loves it!
Helping Grammy fill up the bird feeder
Helping Grammy put some of the food back into the bag because to much food came out!
He is such a good helper!

Taking the bird feeder outside

Helping Papa hang up the bird feeder

Vacuuming up the bird seed he spilled over the floor, and having the time of his life doing it:) 

TAELIN would much rather sweep than play with toys some days!
He loves to do chores and I love it!

NEW TRUCKS TO PLAY WITH!
Pointing at Papa because he was asleep and was snoring.  haha

Concentrating so hard on this egg!
Hanging out with Papa! And I LOVE his face in this picture!
Taelin was so nice to share his blanket with the dog
When I came home Sunday night my Dad & Annette were finishing the Baby Jean Quilt.  My dad had to help us because we doubled the batting, and we couldn't pull the needle through, so he used his tool to pull it through!!! how funny!
The finished product!

When I checked on Taelin before I went to bed, this is how he was sleeping.  This is how Taelin usually ALWAYS sleeps!!! Bum in the air, feet crossed, and hands under his tummy.  It looks SO uncomfortable!! But he LOVES it!!




















































1 comment:

Landon and Julie said...

It looks so great!!! Nice job!