Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Taelin is 1!!!!!!

I just have to say that I'M SO EXCITED for Taelin's birthday tomorrow. It's crazy that a year ago at this time: 11:02 i was having contractions and was in the hospital getting ready to give birth to our baby boy. Thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.
I remember that I finished making Taelin's BSU blanket with ReNea's help around 8:00 pm and while we were making it I was having really bad contractions. ReNea kept telling me that I was probably going to have him tonight or tomorrow and that he was just waiting for his blanket to be complete so he could come to earth and use it right away. I was so nervous, I wanted him to come so bad, but I was scared, so I just pretending like they were nothing. When the blanket was all done I showed my mater piece to Dalin and he really liked it too. I was acutally pretty proud of that blanket. that was the FIRST blanket I had ever made by myself:) ReNea was such a great teacher.
After the blanket was done Dalin and my dad helped one of Dalin's managers move into her new place with her sister. I just sat in the car watching them unload the truck. Then we went home and my contractions were getting SO CRAZY and were so close together. I remember being in so much pain, but not knowing for sure if we should go to the hospital or not because I didn't want to drive all the way there and then have them send me home ya know? But Dalin told me we should go so we got in the car and drove to the Down Town St. Lukes Hospital. I kept telling Dalin to drive faster cuz all i wanted was to get there and have them give me the epidural! haha
Well, we got there around 12:25 am and they checked me and said that I was only dilated to a 2, which made me really sad cuz that's what i was at my doctors apt like 2 days before this. They told me that they don't take people up to the labor and delivery room until you are at least a 3. I was like NO, i am in so much pain, I need to go! So they told me that I could walk for 1 hour around the hospital, and then after that 1 hour they would check me again and see if I had progressed. Gosh, just thinking of walking that makes me so happy that I get to sleep in a nice comfy bed tonight:) That 1 hour walk was really hard. I kept wanting to sit down and just do nothing, but Dalin pushed me to keep going and to work harder so we could have Taelin come sooner than later:) while on our walk we passed a vending machine and a candy bar was almost out of the thing, so Dalin pushed the machine hard with his shoulder and the candy bar fell down. ...so we had a little treat on our walk:) that was nice! I remember that 1 hour went by SOOOOOOOOOO slow. It was a never ending 1 hour. But the end did come and it was time for them to check me. I was sure that I had to have dilated more cuz i was in A TON more pain.....AND....I WAS AT A 3!!!!!!!! WAHOO! Dalin called family and told them that we were going up to the labor and delivery room to have our baby and it was GO time! I was so excited but so nervous....Taelin was coming anytime.
When we got all settled into our room I wanted to sit in the jacuzzi for awhile because I had heard that it would make me feel weightless and that my contractions wouldn't be as bad...and it totally worked. Dalin tried to rest while I was laying there relaxing.
My doctor came into our room around 8:00 and broke my water....wow...WEIRDEST feeling ever....then my contractions started getting so bad so I told my doctor to bring the epidural lady in IMMEDIATELY. I was so happy that Dalin didn't have to leave the room and was there holding my hand through it all. Once the epidural set in I was in heaven...k maybe not heaven...but it was so wonderful not feeling any pain and only pressure....and I could finally take a little nap too...which was so nice to rest before I would begin pushing.
At 10:45 my nurse checked me and told me that I was very close to being a 10, and would start pushing at 11:00...wow this was it...HE WAS COMING SOON! Dalin and I were so excited! I pushed for about 1.5 hours and then he was brought into this world at 12:41 pm. Dalin got to cut the umbilical cord which was so cool. Taelin was so precious and so cute and so small....7 lbs 8 oz 21" tall...I remember holding him in my arms for the very first time and being so happy.
While I was holding Taelin my doctor tells me that we might have to go into the emergency room because I wouldn't stop bleeding....the epidural was still in me that it didn't really kick in what she had said and I was totally fine with it....but thank heavens she could stop it and we didn't have to go to the ER:)
It was a lot of fun having family there as well. We stayed in the hospital for 2 days, which was so nice to have all of the doctor help and eat great food...but it was so nice to finally go home and show Macie our new addition to our family. It's crazy that a year has already gone by and that he is walking and talking. They grow up SO DANG FAST! i love my baby boy and am so happy that he is in our family. Here are some pics of our 'baby' boy growing up.
Birth: 7-22-09:)


Newborn Pic

1 Month Old- 9 lbs 8.5 oz

2 Months Old: 11.10 lbs
Baby Blessing



3 Months Old: 12.4 Lbs
Halloween Time, our little Bear


4 Months Old: 13.9 Lbs
Thanksgiving time:)


SO HAPPY all the time!

He has little dopey ears or elf ears

5 Months Old: 14.2 Lbs
CHRISTMAS TIME!!

FIESTA BOWL, on a bus for 17 hours...GOOD JOB LITTLE MAN!

Love our BSU BRONCOS

6 Months Old: 15.1 Lbs
Fly to Dalin's Cheer Nationals in Anihiem, CA

See Dalin win another National Championship:)

7 Months old:
Gets to go to work with me:)

8 Months Old: 16.4 lbs

9 Months Old: 16.7 lbs

10 Months Old

11 Months Old


1 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
walking:)
17 lbs
27 5/8"


My 12 month old baby boy on his BIRTHDAY:) always so happy!


WE LOVE YOU TAELIN JACOB NELSON! happy 1 year!
This is what you LOVE to do.....
He loves to clap
He loves to stick his tongue out
He loves to make a clicking noise with his mouth
He loves to hold a phone by his ear
He loves to walk
He loves to play with Jaden
He loves to wrestle
He loves to give hugs and kisses
He loves to give high fives
He loves to wave goodbye
He signs "more" and "all done"
He knows what MILK is when i sign it for him
He knows where his tummy is
He says Dad, dada, daddy
He says Mama
He says Ba Ba when he sees a lamb
He says Do....(dog)
He says YA, YA, YA
He loves the book FARM PEEK A BOO
He loves to go on walks
He loves to go ON and then OFF of things
He loves to bounce up and down
He loves to play with balls
He loves to push cars, trucks, books, etc around the house
He loves music
His favorite songs are: twinkle twinkle, row row row your boat, I am a Child of God, The wise men and the foolish men, Pop Corn Popping, Do you know the muffin man, Patty Cake Patty Cake, There was a old lady who swallowed a fly,
LOVES TO EAT BREAKFAST AND LUNCH...not so much dinner
is eating real people food, no more baby food
FINALLY holds still when he gets a diaper change:)
Sleeps from 8-6:30 or 7:00 am
LOVES his mommy!
has a major sweet tooth just like his mommy

No comments: