Monday, July 18, 2011

Hard week

Last week (7/11-7/15) was a very tough week for us...mostly Dalin.  He has started doing martial arts training to get his green belt and is loving it.  Well he did that from 5-8 am and then came home and showered and went to sleep because he was on the night shift (3-11pm....which means whenever the works is done actually).  Some nights he would get home at 12:00, other nights he would get home at 2:00am....and then have to be up the next morning at 430.  This schedule really screwed up his sleeping habits.  It was also really hard for Taelin & I, because Taelin knew that Dalin was home, so he wanted to play with him...but he couldn't because he needed to rest.  We are so glad that we survived that week...so we had an amazing weekend!!Saturday was a BUSY BUSY DAY! We woke up and ate breakfast and then we went with Boda and Messik to the beach so the dudes could do some snorkeling and Taelin & I could play in the ocean.  It was a very hot day, and Im glad we were only there for about 2 hours.  Dalin finds really amazing sea shells at the bottom of the ocean that we are going to display in some vases:) He has got us some really cool looking star fish as well.  Taelin really enjoyed throwing rocks/seashells into the ocean and playing in the sand with his sand toys.  We were all pooped from the sun, and it was time to go home. Taelin passed out on the car ride home.

This is what we climbed down to get to the beach

our little beach spot! so pretty!

having fun with his beach toys

the water is so clear! i love it!


throwing some rocks

here is a video of Taelin throwing the rocks/shells into the ocean. 



A cool cave
I love some of the signs over here! They are hilarious

Such a pretty view

Cool rock in the middle of the ocean
Vending machine
Another one right by it
All tired after a FUN time at the beach!
 We got home around 12:00 and I had to leave at 12:30 for a mani/pedi apt...so I rushed and showered, dalin made me some nachos, and I got ready and I was out of there! Dalin & Taelin had a fun time and got to skype Dalin's parents.  I went to Cocok's with Allison, Julie, and her cousin.  I had heard that this is the #1 place to get your toes/nails done and I have wanted to go so bad, but haven't had the money to go yet, so I was so excited that I FINALLY got to go:) It was so much fun.  We all had such a good time.  The massage was amazing and was putting me to sleep.  You have not experienced a GOOD mani/pedi till you have been to Japan!!! It is NOTHING like back in the states.  They have this HUGE book (like 80) pages of different designs to choose from.  It was kind of stressful.  I love what I chose and I cannot wait to go back again.  Julie was so kind and paid for mine since I watched her little yorkie while she was in Hawaii:)


A pic of my really cute toes!

I got back around 4:15 and Taelin was sleeping so it was nice to relax with Dalin.  I made some taco salad and then we headed out with our friends up north to Nago to watch a firework show.  It took us A LONG LONG TIME to get up there, and I am so glad that Taelin did so well.  The scenery was beautiful so it was worth the drive.  Well we got to watch the fireworks at the sea wall and they went off over the ocean.  IT was so pretty! Taelin loved them too! He would just stare at them and when they would stop he would say, "more".  It was a really fun night.  AND I LOVE FIREWORKS so we had a great time. 
Dalin LOVED this sign....for only 300 yen come and see a man punching a 4 eyed snake:)

The sky is SO pretty!


Sitting at the Sea Wall getting ready to watch the fireworks

Daddy & Son

Attempting to take a cute pic with our tongues out....


THIS PIC IS SO ADORABLE! and I love that taelin had to wear my BSU jersey! He would NOT let me take it off of him! We are raising him just right:)
On our way home we stopped at his Hawaiian restaurant to get some Blue Seal Ice cream.  The restaurant was so cool and it was such a fun atmosphere.  the ice cream was AMAZING as well.  They put pinto beans in ice cream over here and surprisingly it tasted really good.  Taelin loved them too...so I guess that is a good way for him to eat his beans:) We all had a great time talking and eating.  We didn't get home until about 1130 and then it was time for bed.  I am so glad that we got to have such a fun weekend after such a hard week for Dalin at work.

Our table

Taelin wanting to eat his ice cube

haha

The chair Taelin got to sit in

And our AMAZING Ice Cream Sundae!

No comments: